You can add a link to a website to the Start menu by using Internet Explorer 8. If you use a certain website fairly often, this can save a lot of time and steps as you can open both Internet Explorer and the website with a single click. In this tutorial, we’ll look at how to add a website to the Start menu using Internet Explorer 8.
- Open a website in Internet Explorer.
- Click the Favourites button then click Add to Favorites.
- Click the Add button in the Favorites window to confirm.
- Click Favorites to open the Favourites menu again. Click and drag the website link to the Start button.
- The website will now appear in the Start menu.
NOTE: You can easily remove the website from the Start menu by right-clicking the link and selecting Remove from this list.
That’s it for adding a website link to the Start menu. Hope you found it useful – don’t forget to take a look at some of the other tutorials about working in Internet Explorer 8.