Sometimes, when PowerPoint 2010 presentations are opened, they automatically start playing in slide show view without the need for the presenter to press F5 or click the Slide Show View button. This is because the creator of the presentation has saved it as a PowerPoint Show rather than the default PowerPoint presentation.
- Open the presentation that you would like to convert to a PowerPoint Show.
- On the File tab click Save As.
- Enter a name for the presentation in the File name field.
- Click the Save As type drop-down arrow and select PowerPoint Show (.ppsx).
- Click Save.
- This file now appears with a PowerPoint Show icon and file extension (.ppsx). When opening the file, it will automatically run as a PowerPoint slide show.
NOTE: If you want to edit this file, open PowerPoint 2010 and click the File tab and select Open. Navigate to the PowerPoint Show file location, select the file and click Open.
That’s it for creating PowerPoint Shows. Hope you found it useful – don’t forget to take a look at some of the other tutorials about working in PowerPoint 2010.