Windows 7 is filled with little utilities that can really help make life easier. Sticky Notes is one of them. In this brief tutorial, we’ll take a look at Sticky Notes and go over the basics.
Finding Sticky Notes
There are several ways to access Sticky Notes on Windows 7:
- Use the Start Menu, choose Accessories, and click on Sticky Notes
- Type the word “sticky” into the Search Bar, and click on Sticky Notes.
Using Sticky Notes
The Sticky Notes application will open up to a little screen that looks a lot like a Post It Note. To create a note, just start typing with your keyboard. If you have a stylus or another input device, you can create a note with that as well.
- To create a new note, click on the + symbol in the upper left corner of the Sticky Note or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + N
- To delete your note, click on the x symbol in the upper right corner of the Sticky Note or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + D
- To resize your note, you can drag the button right corner around until you achieve the size and shape you want
- To change the note’s colour, right-click on the note and an options menus appears that allows you to pick from a host of colours
Keyboard Shortcuts in Sticky Notes
Along with the aforementioned basic keyboard shortcuts, Sticky Notes has a few others that can make things more interesting.
- bold text – CTRL + B
- italics – CTRL + I
- underline – CTRL + U
- strikethrough formatting – CTRL + T
- create bullet list – CTRL + SHIFT + L
- increase font size – CTRL + SHIFT + >
- decrease font size – CTRL + SHIFT + <
- capitalize highlighted or selected text – CRTL + SHIFT + A
- left align – CTRL + L
- right align – CTRL + R
- centre align – CTRL + E
- single line spacing – CTRL + 1
- double line spacing – CTRL + 2
- 1.5 line spacing – CTRL + 5
Taking Notes is Easy with Sticky Notes
With Sticky Notes, you can work through your notes with the greatest of ease and keep things right where you need them. Your notes will be “stuck” to your computer’s desktop as long as the utility is open. Each time you open Sticky Notes, your last written notes will be right where you left them to serve as constant reminders.